UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer wanqingxilinx
Observer

BITSTREAM.CONFIG.PERSIST for Partial Reconfiguration Using External Configuration Modes (other than JTAG)

Jump to solution

Page 119 of Partial Reconfiguration, UG909 (v2018.3) December 5, 2018 says:

To use external configuration modes (other than JTAG) for loading a partial BIT file, these pins must be reserved for use after the initial device configuration. This is achieved by using the BITSTREAM.CONFIG.PERSIST property to keep the dual-purpose I/O for configuration usage and to set the configuration width. Refer to this link in the Vivado Design Suite User Guide: Programming and Debugging (UG908) [Ref 25]. The Tcl command syntax to set this property is:

set_property BITSTREAM.CONFIG.PERSIST <value> [current_design]

where <value> is either No or Yes.

When should I set this property, before implementation or before bitstream generation? How do I know if it is set to Yes or No? Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

回复: BITSTREAM.CONFIG.PERSIST for Partial Reconfiguration Using External Configuration Modes (other than JTAG)

Jump to solution

Hi @wanqingxilinx,

This property should be set before bitstream generation. You can also add this tcl in XDC. You can check the property by the command in AR#54073:

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/54073.html

Thanks
Simon
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

回复: BITSTREAM.CONFIG.PERSIST for Partial Reconfiguration Using External Configuration Modes (other than JTAG)

Jump to solution

Hi @wanqingxilinx,

This property should be set before bitstream generation. You can also add this tcl in XDC. You can check the property by the command in AR#54073:

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/54073.html

Thanks
Simon
Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
Observer wanqingxilinx
Observer

Jump to solution

Thanks simon for the answer. I think that answered my questions, although my partial reconfiguration still does not work after doing

Re:

set_property BITSTREAM.CONFIG.PERSIST Yes [current_design]
set_property CONFIG_MODE {S_SELECTMAP} [current_design]

report_property -all  [current_design] BITSTREAM*
Property                                  Type    Read-only  Value
:
BITSTREAM.CONFIG.PERSIST                  enum    false      Yes
:

report_property -all  [current_design] CONFIG_MODE
Property     Type  Read-only  Value
CONFIG_MODE  enum  false      S_SELECTMAP

0 Kudos