Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
avina23
Visitor
Visitor

BPI PROM PROGRAMMING USING PCIe - XAPP518

Hi,

I need to implement an interface which allow the user to load .mcs file into BPI PROM from an external Host over PCIe (4 Lanes Gen 3), 

then the FPGA will need to boot from the FLASH. the interface should also be able to send .bit file to program the FPGA over the PCIe (remote update)  

I found the xapp518 which is what i need but....... it was developed & tested with ISE 14.4, it has 8 lanes and the project is in Verilog

the software application to erase & program the flash which is provided is running on WIN XP 32 bit sp3

Does anyone in the forum is familiar with such interface and is able to share an example ?

I'm working with xc7vx690tffg1157 FPGA and using VIVADO 2018.2 design suite (VHDL example is prefered).

I really appreciate if someone can help me with this

thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
iguo
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

I'm afraid Xilinx won't update this xapp; but this is actually receiving the programming data through the PCIe interface. and then program flash through the config-interface, either by PERSIST or by STARTUP.

I'm not familiar with PCIe but the difficulty here is to develop the PCIe driver, and I believe there are many drivers for FPGA to receive a batch of PCIe data on a newer OS. You can search for this first. After you fetch data into FPGA, you can make use of the programming state machine in XAPP518 to program the flash attached. This part is very mature.

P.S. no way to program a FPGA throuth PCI interface even for Tandem (only the second stage are through PCI interface). If you mean partially update FPGA, that's OK. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos