UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Bit stream downloading

Jump to solution

Hi xilinx community members,

AM working in zynq 702 board, am new to this board as well as to vivado, I have a basic question, kindly resolve it

1. When connecting AMS evaluation card with xadc header, under hardware manager tab, in programming the device, which bit file i have to download to FPGA board

i) From AMS reference targeted ->  ready to test -> xadc_system_bit or

ii) The generated bit stream of my block diagram which i have created for intefracing PS with XADC wizard

Thanking you

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Bit stream downloading

Jump to solution

Hello @revathishizuoka

While testing example design provided in Analog Mixed Signal (AMS) Targeted Reference Design (TRD) guide you should follow steps provided in UG960 for ZC702 board as follows:

a. Copy xadc_eval_design/ready_to_test/BOOT.bin to the SD card.

b. Set the third and fourth positions of SW16 to the ON state to boot from the SD card.

c. Set the jumper positions as described in Table 2-1.

d. Power up the board.

I will recommend to follow steps provided in UG960 exactly to run example design provided in Analog Mixed Signal (AMS) Targeted Reference Design (TRD) guide.

If you have designed custom design for your interface then you should program FPGA with bit file or bin file generated for your design.

Regards,
Bhushan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hello @revathishizuoka

While testing example design provided in Analog Mixed Signal (AMS) Targeted Reference Design (TRD) guide you should follow steps provided in UG960 for ZC702 board as follows:

a. Copy xadc_eval_design/ready_to_test/BOOT.bin to the SD card.

b. Set the third and fourth positions of SW16 to the ON state to boot from the SD card.

c. Set the jumper positions as described in Table 2-1.

d. Power up the board.

I will recommend to follow steps provided in UG960 exactly to run example design provided in Analog Mixed Signal (AMS) Targeted Reference Design (TRD) guide.

If you have designed custom design for your interface then you should program FPGA with bit file or bin file generated for your design.

Regards,
Bhushan

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

Jump to solution

Hi Mr.Bhusan

Thankyou for your kind support. I tried as per the guide UG960. I can able to give my external signal to ams evaluator card

0 Kudos