cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kashifwajid
Visitor
Visitor

Bitstream Configuration Settings for Difference Based Partial Reconfiguration for KC705

Hello,

I want to try Difference based partial reconfiguration on KC705. I am using Vivado version 2016.1. My questions are:

• Is this flow even possible with Vivado? Because I have done the module based partial reconfiguration and that works.
  • Which options have to be enabled while creating the bitstream so that when I load the difference bitstream the original one is not wiped out? e.g. I have a full bitstream running with an up counter. Now I want to load a difference bitstream with a down counter. I want the other parts of the original bitstream to still work.

Regards,

Kashif Wajid 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
pratham
Scholar
Scholar

@kashifwajid I am not sure if I got your question correctly.

@woodsd Any thoughts on this?

-Pratham

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
woodsd
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

This is not something we support or test in Vivado or new architectures. It may work okay, but you may run into issue that we can't help debug.  

If you are able to get the standard PR flow working okay, what about this flow does not meet your requirements? Why are you now considering difference based PR? 

0 Kudos
kashifwajid
Visitor
Visitor

Hello woodsd,

I wanted to get a minimal size bit stream for faster reconfiguration. I was looking into Difference based PR just to know that does it give a smaller partial bitstream or not when compared to standard PR flow. 

On a side note :

I am trying to do Partial reconfiguration on a micro level. Therefore, the partial reconfiguration should be done quickly. Currently, I am using the PR Controller IP in Vivado following the standard PR flow. I am storing my partial bitstreams on the flash ROM on board, but I am not getting the throughput of PR as written in UG909 pg 104. I followed the tutorial that comes with PR Controller IP. any clue about this? I have posted a question regarding this issue almost two months back and still have got no answers from anyone. Topic : KC705 Partial Reconfiguration Timing Calculations Using PR Controller 
Can you help me with this?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Kashif Wajid

0 Kudos