Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Bitstream Setting BITSTREAM.GENERAL.XADCPOWERDOWN

Jump to solution

Could anyone shed light on what the bitstream setting in the subject is used for? If the XADC is not instantiated in a particular FPGA design, does this bitstream setting need to be set in order to guarantee that the XADC draws as little power as possible?

I understand that it could be clear from the verbiage of the command but I cannot find reference to this setting in UG908, Appendix A. Perhaps the setting is deprecated and does not change anything. It could also be missing from UG908, or something defined elsewhere that I cannot find.

Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

@cmehring3 

According to AR#54073, you can see the BITSTREAM properties that apply to your device, by typing the following Tcl command into the Tcl Console of Vivado open-implemented design.

report_property -all [current_design] BITSTREAM*

If you find XADCPOWERDOWN in the resulting list, then it should apply to your device.

According to <this> post, XADCPOWERDOWN shuts down the XADC. 

I see from page 45 of document PG091(Oct 5, 2016) that powering down parts of the XADC is also possible using the XADC Wizard IP.

Cheers,
Mark

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Has anyone been able to look into this?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

@cmehring3 

According to AR#54073, you can see the BITSTREAM properties that apply to your device, by typing the following Tcl command into the Tcl Console of Vivado open-implemented design.

report_property -all [current_design] BITSTREAM*

If you find XADCPOWERDOWN in the resulting list, then it should apply to your device.

According to <this> post, XADCPOWERDOWN shuts down the XADC. 

I see from page 45 of document PG091(Oct 5, 2016) that powering down parts of the XADC is also possible using the XADC Wizard IP.

Cheers,
Mark

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Observer
Observer

markg@prosensing.com

Thank you for your response. The second link you provided to another forum post was especially insightful to my question.

0 Kudos