UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

Boot from SPI Flash at power on

Jump to solution

I am using a Kintex-7 160T FPGA board from enclustra with a custom baseboard. I have successfully downloaded my configuration onto the SPI flash memory on the FPGA board, and if I select boot from configuration memory device (in hardware manager), the configuration loads properly. 

However when I turn power off and on again, it does not reconfigure. Any suggestions on where to look for problems?

Right now the power to the FPGA and the power to the IO banks comes from separate power supplies. Could this be the problem?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Boot from SPI Flash at power on

Jump to solution

I fount the problem! I still had my JTAG cable connecting the FPGA to computer when I restarted the FPGA. With JTAG unplugged, it boots from flash correctly!

3 Replies

Jump to solution

Have you selected the correct mode pins to boot the device from flash? Can you share the config status/registers here.

Are there any errors which has occurred while programming the flash?

Check this AR https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/66954.html

Thanks

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

@harshit

Mode pins are correct. It looks like 

REGISTER.CONFIG_STATUS.BIT29_BAD_PACKET_ERROR = 1.

I attached a picture with the rest of the configuration register values. They stay the same when I manually boot from flash in the hardware manager, but it appears that the FPGA is configured properly.

StartupConfig.PNG
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

I fount the problem! I still had my JTAG cable connecting the FPGA to computer when I restarted the FPGA. With JTAG unplugged, it boots from flash correctly!