cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
venugopal.kulkarni
Contributor
Contributor

Bram Utilization

Hi all. I am Using "XCZU4EV-SFVC784-1-e". The device utilization report is given in the screenshot. LUT 75% and BRAM 98%. Can you suggest me what can i do to reduce it. I have already removed all the debug cores. Thanks in advance
utilization_7jan2020.jpg
0 Kudos
4 Replies
yangc
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @venugopal.kulkarni ,

You can type report_utilization -name utilization_1 to check which module consumes the most BRAM, and then, you can optimize it. For example, you can specify distributed RAM rather than BRAM.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos
venugopal.kulkarni
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Yangc. When i saw the utilization report all the BRAM cell is being used by IP like "AXI_interconnect, DDR4, xdma,etc. "which cannot be replaced. m attaching another screenshot here. What can be the possible solution?
BRAM_utilization_7jan2020.jpg
0 Kudos
yangc
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

If you confirm that these IPs have no options about RAM style, you can try synthesis setting "-max_bram" options.

Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos
drjohnsmith
Teacher
Teacher

Your also failing timing, probably not helped by congestion,
As your number of LUTs used is also so high, moving even one BRAM to LUTs will probably exceed your number of LUTS available.

Looks like you need to go for a bigger device there, looks like the ZU5 fits in the same footprint,

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/selection-guides/zynq-ultrascale-plus-product-selection-guide.pdf#CG
<== If this was helpful, please feel free to give Kudos, and close if it answers your question ==>
0 Kudos