UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor aehliar
Visitor

Bug report for UG953 (v2019.1 edition) (DNA_PORT primitive documentation)

Jump to solution

I believe that I have found a bug in UG953 (7 Series FPGA and Zynq-7000 SoC Libraries Guide) (v2019.1, May 22, 2019).

The documentation for DNA_PORT says the following:

"The DNA_PORT allows access to a dedicated shift register that can be loaded with the Device DNA data bits (factory-programmed, read-only unique ID) for a given 7 series device. In addition to shifting out the DNA data bits, this component allows for the inclusion of supplemental bits of your data, or allows for the DNA data to rollover (repeat DNA data after initial data has been shifted out). This component is primarily used with other circuitry to build added copy protection for the FPGA bitstream from possible theft."

The bug is that the DNA_PORT does not actually give access to a unique ID. It is necessary to read for example UG470 to figure out that there is a FUSE_DNA register that is actually unique and that up to 32 devices may have the same device dna accessible via the DNA_PORT.

I think it makes sense to change UG953 so it explains that we cannot get access to the full 64-bit FUSE_DNA register which is supposed to be unique. (To avoid situations where people rely on the uniqueness of the output from the DNA_PORT. Not that I'm bitter or anything... :) )

regards

/Andreas

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

回复: Bug report for UG953 (v2019.1 edition) (DNA_PORT primitive documentation)

Jump to solution

Thanks for your feedback. Yes UG953 is not clear on this. I will ask the editor to update this in the future version.

Thanks,

Ivy

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

回复: Bug report for UG953 (v2019.1 edition) (DNA_PORT primitive documentation)

Jump to solution

Thanks for your feedback. Yes UG953 is not clear on this. I will ask the editor to update this in the future version.

Thanks,

Ivy

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos