cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rg.jones
Visitor
Visitor

CPLD programmin on Windows 10

Hello, I am looking for some guidance on programming XC9500XL series CPLDs. I have used older versions of ISE on Windows 7 but I am now on Windows 10 and I am having trouble trying to find a compatible version of ISE (or later software) that will install on Windows 10 and still let me use my DLC09 USB based JTAG programmer to update the CPLD.

Would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks

Glenn

0 Kudos
7 Replies
iguo
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

ISE is not supported on Win10. You will need to stick to Win7 with another PC.

You can also consider slave programming by a microprocessor; or some off-line programmer.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
wduffy
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @rg.jones,

On February 20th there was a new 14.7 ISE Design Suite Download for Windows 10 placed on www.xilinx.com.

See the following link:

https://www.xilinx.com/support/download/index.html/content/xilinx/en/downloadNav/vivado-design-tools/archive-ise.html

This release is intended to support all ISE devices.

forum.png

Installation Guide and Release Notes: https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx14_7/ug1227-ise-vm-windows10.pdf

Known Issues: https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/68433.html

Thanks,
Wendy
Xilinx Technical Support
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tags (1)
rg.jones
Visitor
Visitor

Thank You - Wendy

0 Kudos
rg.jones
Visitor
Visitor

I have tried everything I could think of but I am not able to use my DLC09 USB based JTAG programmer to update the CPLD or my Diligent parallel cable. Has anyone else sucessfully used programming CPLD devices under this Windows 10 image? If so what did you use?

0 Kudos
bpatil
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hello @rg.jones 

Please provides snapshots and logs of your issue.

Connect programming cable to Laptop/PC and check in windows driver you see Xilinx cable detected or not. Kindly capture snapshot and share. 

Kindly check https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Design-and-Debug-Techniques-Blog/Quickly-install-Cable-Drivers-for-Xilinx-Platform-Cable-USB-II/ba-p/1013230

Regards,
Bhushan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
rg.jones
Visitor
Visitor

I am back at this again and now I am not even able to install the product. Which logs do you need @bpatil 

Xilinx_error.png

0 Kudos
bpatil
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

@ddn Can you please check on it?

Regards,
Bhushan

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
0 Kudos