cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor
Visitor

Can't read ID of external flash memory

Hello everyone.

I have Artix XC7A35 and external flash memory Macronix MX25R3235F, which is x1/x2/x4 32Mb Flash memory.

This part is absent in supported device list, but replaced it with mx25l3233f-spi-x1_x2_x4.

After generation an mcs file i'm trying to programm and getting following message.

Mfg ID : 0   Memory Type : 0   Memory Capacity : 0   Device ID 1 : 0   Device ID 2 : 0
CRITICAL WARNING: [Labtools 27-2251] Unable to read device properties. Please make sure that the proper configuration memory part is selected.

I've tried that both in x1 and x4 modes.

We checked connections with osciloscope, D0 and D1 are toggling, CS goes low for the transaction and CCLK creates clock bursts.

Is it possible to configure FPGA from such memory and if the answer is yes, why am I failing to so?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted

MX25R is not supported. If you can use some supported/tested part then we can debug it further. Unfortunately, Vivado doesn't allow programming of unsupported/untested flash. If you have any 3rd party flash programmer then you can use that. And see if that works.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For more information please refer to configuration resources https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/FPGA-Configuration/Configuration-Resources/m-p/753763/highlight/true#M5891
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos