Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
trupti.chavan
Visitor
Visitor

Cannot program Flash on VC707 board using JTAG

Hi,

I am using VC707 board. I was booting FPGA from configurable memory(Flash) and it was working fine.

While working on it, something happened, I am not sure if it is a short or anything else, but now I am not able to program configurable memory. JTAG cable is getting detected, it is detecting correct hardware also. I programmed correct BBR key again. If I program FPGA through JTAG, it is getting programmed without any errors. But it is volatile memory, whenever power is down, I need to reprogram FPGA everytime. I wanted to boot FPGA from flash.

But flash is not getting programmed. I have selected correct memory/flash(mt28gu01gaax) to program it for VC707 board. I am getting following errors randomly:

1. [Labtools 27-3347] Flash Programming Unsuccessful: Byte 327680 does not match (00 != 05)

OR

2. [Labtools 27-3347] Flash programming unsuccessful: Node is not active

I am working on Vivado 2018.2.  FPGA .bit, .mcs and .prm files which I am using to program memory and FPGA are tried and tested already on another VC707 board, so there is no issue with program files.

Please help how should I debug the board?

Regards,

Trupti

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
drjohnsmith
Teacher
Teacher

The "something happened" is the clue. I'd concentrate first on what was going on at the time of the "something" then you might have chance of deciding if it s Hw or Sw.

Did the magic smoke in an IC escape ?
Were you probing the board at the time or was it all happy by itself when it died.

<== If this was helpful, please feel free to give Kudos, and close if it answers your question ==>
0 Kudos
trupti.chavan
Visitor
Visitor

I didn't see any smoke or smell observed.
But yes I was probing. And If it is the HW issue, how to debug it?
0 Kudos
drjohnsmith
Teacher
Teacher

unless your an expert at debugging,
I d say the board is dead,
you need to send it to be repaired.
<== If this was helpful, please feel free to give Kudos, and close if it answers your question ==>
0 Kudos