UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor thisisobul
Visitor

Change MCs file in flash with serial port connected to fpga

Hi,

I want to send .mcs file content through serial port to fpga, and fpga intern will dump the data to flash connected to it. On the next power cycle the new mcs should be loaded in fpga.

Is it possible, if it is please suggest me how to do.

Thanks 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

回复: Change MCs file in flash with serial port connected to fpga

Which step you need guidance?

I guess you should be familiar with how to program mcs file into SPI, if you connect the flash and fpga correctly, on power cycle or PROG_B event, the data loaded into fpga automatically. If you are not, read the Configuration User Guide of the device you are using.

As for how to program new mcs into flash on the fly by FPGA, refer to this:

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/application_notes/xapp1282-us-post-cnfg-nor-axi-emp-ip.pdf  

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Visitor thisisobul
Visitor

回复: Change MCs file in flash with serial port connected to fpga

Thanks for the quick reply.

I have fpga board placed inside a system where i acnnot access  to it physically to connect JTAG.

So changing the code and dumping into flash is difficult for me.

So i want to develop an application where i can change the flash MCs remotely. So that i can update my code everytime

Thanks

0 Kudos