cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NE555
Visitor
Visitor

Cmod Spartan 7 - Simulink Programming

I will work on FPGA programming Cmod Spartan 7. I should realize pwm control for an LLC by making parameters editable. The idea is to use a single approach in order to proceed consistently also in the future. Doing some research, I was currently wondering if it would be convenient to program the FPGA via Simulink (converting in Fixed point and using HDL Coder). Is it a convenient choice? Is it efficient for more complex systems? I was wondering then what is the next step after obtaining this pseudo code?
thank you so muck for your help

0 Kudos
2 Replies
drjohnsmith
Teacher
Teacher

LLC ?

Cmod ?

can you expand your abbreviations as they might be different to what I think.

If you just want a PWM, why simulink ?

is this the tool flow you know ?

So we can help a little more, whats your level of experience in FPGA codding ?

<== If this was helpful, please feel free to give Kudos, and close if it answers your question ==>
0 Kudos
NE555
Visitor
Visitor

Sorry, you right. So, the LLC is a resonant converter that has to be driven with pwm signal on the gate driver of the mosfets. I read about 'Hardware in the loop' before to do a demonstrator (so a physical design, as a prototype). Cmod is the model of the FPGA that I have (It is called CMOD s7 spartan 7). The desidered system must have settable frequency, settable duty cycle, dead times.  I hope to be clearer now, otherwise It doesn't matter.

a-LLC-and-b-CLLC-resonant-converter.png