UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Participant sjg69
Participant

Compatible SPI Flash memory for XS725

Jump to solution

Hi all,

I'm trying to figure out whether it's sufficient to match 'manufacturer family' in UG908, or whether the specific device is required to match. I've currently got a part in the schematic (MX25L3206EM2I-12G) which matches the 'Macronix, mx25l family', but the specific device in the table (pg331) is mx25l3233f, not mx25l3206...

Anyone know if this is "good enough" ? Or am I better off selecting a specific example ?

Cheers

Simon

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Compatible SPI Flash memory for XS725

Jump to solution

Hi @sjg69,

It is not sufficient to match only manufacturer family in UG908 guide. The advise is to go with the Specific device part mentioned in ug908.  some times even if manufacture family is same, some devices are different in density, data width addressing mode which may not supported by xilinx. So better is to go with the specific device part which is mentioned in UG guide.

Best Regards,
Srikanth
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Compatible SPI Flash memory for XS725

Jump to solution

Hi @sjg69,

It is not sufficient to match only manufacturer family in UG908 guide. The advise is to go with the Specific device part mentioned in ug908.  some times even if manufacture family is same, some devices are different in density, data width addressing mode which may not supported by xilinx. So better is to go with the specific device part which is mentioned in UG guide.

Best Regards,
Srikanth
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

View solution in original post