cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Configuration bitstream compression using iMpact for QPro XQR17V16 Xilinx PROM

I am using Xilinx PROM XQR17V16 for configuration of Virtex-5 FPGA. Xilinx PROM XQR17V16 doesn't have in-built decompressor unlike platform PROMs XCFxxP.  I want to use bit file compression feature in iMPACT and since XQR17V16 doesn't have in-built decompressor so I want to design the decompressor by myself. I try to find out the compression scheme/algorithm used by xilinx in iMpact for bitstream configuration but couldn't found any information regarding this. Could someone help me out here?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @vipin135 ,

Decompressor algorithm is Xilinx internal proprietary information and cannot be disclosed. 

Please contact Xilinx Sales/DFAE/FAE from this https://www.xilinx.com/about/contact.html , they might guide/help on this.

Regards,
Deepak D N
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please Kudo and Accept as a Solution, If it helps.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Highlighted

If you need some top-level details on bitstream compression please refer to the following AR https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/16996.html
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

I have tried BitGen compression for configuration bit stream but CR (Compression Ratio) is not good with this compression scheme.  CR is very good with PROM compression using iMpact. That is why I would like to use PROM compression instead of BitGen compression.

Thanks hj.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Thanks Deepak for the suggestion. I understand your point. I will contact xilinx sales for the same. 

0 Kudos