UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Configures but Doesn't run

Jump to solution

We have a set up where we are configuring the Artix on an AC701 with the Zynq on a ZCU102 using slave serial mode.  This took a bit of doing and a few minor modifications to the AC701, but we get DONE going high pretty consistently.

The Artix design is pretty simple, an MMCM based clock wizard, a big counter with the MSBs driving some LEDs.  I have the CPU_RESET push button hooked up as a reset to the clock wizard.  In addition, I made a reset circuit using the STARTUPE2 primitive and the EOS and CFGMCLK signals to reset the wizard when configuration finishes. 

My problem is that the clock wizard does not produce a clock upon configuration.  The CPU_RESET has no effect.  If JTAG is connected, refreshing the device does cause the clock wizard to start producing a clock.  If we program the device through JTAG, the clock starts on its own. 

Since we will not be connected to JTAG in the system that we are currently prototyping, I need to get the clock to start on its own. I'm at a loss here.  This should be working.  

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Configures but Doesn't run

Jump to solution

Hi @bruce_karaffa

Yes it should work !

Since you are in slave serial configure mode are you ensuring you are toggling CCLK for at least  few 10's of clock cycles after you are done with sending the last config bit.

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/42128.html

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @bruce_karaffa

Yes it should work !

Since you are in slave serial configure mode are you ensuring you are toggling CCLK for at least  few 10's of clock cycles after you are done with sending the last config bit.

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/42128.html

View solution in original post

Jump to solution

@gurupra

My bad.  I knew about this and thought that I took care of it in the state machine shifting the bits out. I checked again and it looks like it just stops on DONE.  I'll modify the state machine and if it works, I'll accept the solution. 

Thanks

Bruce