Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

Custom Board: Won't boot from QSPI

Jump to solution

Hello, I have a custom board with a Zynq Ultrascale+ MPSoc XCZU7EV and can boot from JTAG, QSPIx4, and NANDx8. I am trying to get it to boot from QSPI and am having some troubles. When I run the Program Flash Memory tool I do see it writing blocks of data and it does pass the Verify. Also, during programming I measure the Clock pin on the QSPI and I do see a clock. The problem is that when I set the Boot Mode pins to QSPI 0010, and power up I don't see any clocks on the Clock pin and it does not boot, and I don't get a PS-DONE flag.

What could be the problem? I don't have a UART connected to the PS so I can't print out the FSBL debug statements.

I thought I would at least see clock transitions but nope.

If anyone can help please let me know what I can try or show to help troubleshoot the problem. I'm not an expert with Xilinx devices.

Thank you,

Joe

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

I do have some GPIO pins that are connected to the PS-side. They go to a tiny Samtec QSH connector. I could change the PS IP to use two of those pins for a UART and the buy a UART to USB connector and connect to my computer and then use Puddy or some other Terminal utility to print out the FSBL debug statements.

Does that sound do-able?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

I do have some GPIO pins that are connected to the PS-side. They go to a tiny Samtec QSH connector. I could change the PS IP to use two of those pins for a UART and the buy a UART to USB connector and connect to my computer and then use Puddy or some other Terminal utility to print out the FSBL debug statements.

Does that sound do-able?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos