cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zoro100
Explorer
Explorer

[DRC UCIO-1] Unconstrained Logical Port: 3 out of 41 logical ports have no user assigned specific location constraint (LOC)

Hi everyone,

I am working with VCU118 hardware development board and using Vivado 2019.1, trying to generate bitstream for the project. I am trying to constraint three ports to PMOD header pins and GPIO LEDs on VCU118. However I get the error [DRC UCIO-1] in the write bitstream step. Following are how I am defining the constraints for the three ports.

set_property PACKAGE_PIN N28 [get_ports port1] #PMOD header, PMOD0_0_LS
set_property IOSTANDARD LVCMOS18 [get_ports port1]

set_property PACKAGE_PIN M30 [get_ports port2] #PMOD header, PMOD0_1_LS
set_property IOSTANDARD LVCMOS18 [get_ports port2]

#pulse detector trigger
set_property PACKAGE_PIN AT32 [get_ports port3] #GPIO_LED_0
set_property IOSTANDARD LVCMOS12 [get_ports port3]

I have also referred to VCU118 evaluation board user guide to make sure the IOSTANDARD is also right. Could not figure out what is wrong with these statements. I also went through some forum posts but in vain.

Can someone suggest why do I see this error? 

Thanks in advance,

-krishnachandrasekhar100

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Zoro100
Explorer
Explorer

Awaiting a reply,

Thanks in advance,

-krishnachandrasekhar100

0 Kudos
ocean_of_gates
Participant
Participant

Hi @Zoro100,

I am not sure if this is what is happening at your end. But you might want to check if there are multiple I/O ports of your top-level module assigned to the same pins accidentally, either in the same XDC file or across multiple XDC files and correct the assignments for those pins.

0 Kudos
Zoro100
Explorer
Explorer

Hi @ocean_of_gates ,

I just checked again. However I could not find any duplicates of a single pin constrained to multiple ports. Any other leads that you could suggest?

Thanks in advance,

-Zoro100

0 Kudos
ocean_of_gates
Participant
Participant

Hi @Zoro100

Try adding a semicolon at the end of each line of your constraint entries. The tool doesn't like it especially when there are in-line comments.

Also, on checking the sample XDC file provided by Xilinx for VCU118 here, pin N28 is not PMOD0_0_LS, but PMOD1_0_LS and needs LVCMOS12 IO standard and NOT LVCMOS18. The same goes for pin M30, which is PMOD1_1_LS and NOT PMOD0_1_LS, and again LVCMOS12 IO standard. Here's the board documentation (page 92):

ocean_of_gates_0-1623179929911.png

Additionally, if there are no duplicates and the pin names are correct and after doing this you still get issues. You could use the workaround of using the following TCL command:

set_property SEVERITY {Warning} [get_drc_checks UCIO-1]

0 Kudos