Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Does Vidado 2016.4 supoort Windows 10

Hi everyone ,

I am new to FPGA and I Already installed Vivado 2016.4 software in windows 8.1 it worked properly and after that I installed the same software in windows 10 ,the simulation was working but it dies not connected to the FPGA (zc702) board...Does Viviado 2016.4 supports in windows 10??

Thanks in advance..

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

yes its supported. Here is list of supported on OS

Operating Systems Xilinx® only supports the following operating systems on x86 and x86-64 processor architectures.

Microsoft Windows Support

• Windows 7 and 7 SP1 Professional (64-bit), English/Japanese.

• Windows 8.1 Professional (64-bit), English/Japanese.

• Windows 10 Professional (64-bit), English/Japanese

• Vivado® Lab Edition is the only Xilinx toolset that supports Windows 7 SP1 Professional, 32-bit Operating System. Lab Edition also supports the 64-bit systems.

@1610dinesh This seems configuration issue please create new post for board detect issue  on configuration Forums board 

Linux Support

• Red Hat Enterprise Workstation/Server 7.1 and 7.2 (64-bit)

• Red Hat Enterprise Workstation 6.7 and 6.8 (64-bit) • Red Hat Enterprise Workstation 5.11 (64-bit)

• SUSE Linux Enterprise 11.4 and 12.1 (64-bit) • Cent OS 6.8 (64-bit) • Ubuntu Linux 16.04 LTS (64-bit)

• Vivado Lab Edition is the only Xilinx toolset that supports the Red Hat Enterprise Workstation 6.6 and 6.7, 32-bit Operating Systems. Lab Edition also supports the 64-bit systems.

Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

@1610dinesh,

The following Answer Record has the complete list of OS which are supported by Vivado.

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/54242.html

--Syed

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

Did you check our new quick reference timing closure guide (UG1292)?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

While I am connecting the zc702 board in windows 10 ,I am getting (unable to connect to hw_server with URL "TCp:localhost:3121") this error always . But it does not appear in windows 8.1 and using the same procedure.....Is anything I am missing to connect the hardware in windows 10 platform?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Have you install cable drivers separately after installing Vivado

See section "Installing cable drivers"http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2016_4/ug973-vivado-release-notes-install-license.pdf

@1610dinesh

PS: I would recommend you to create new post for hardware detection issue 

Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.