Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

ERROR:iMPACT:2855 - Add Device failed

Jump to solution

On Win10 64

When using the virtual box, running impact, trying to ad a .jed file I just get this error message: ERROR:iMPACT:2855 - Add Device failed.

The download is for the win10 (Xilinx_ISE_S6_Win10_14.7_ISE_VMs_0206_1)and it seems to be some sort of Linux setting issue, the user lacks some rights.

Please help

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

回复: ERROR:iMPACT:2855 - Add Device failed

Jump to solution

I'm afraid no workaround for Win10. ISE is not supported. We only develop this Virtual box solution for Spartan-6 as this is the relatively 'new' device. 

You need to keep one computer with a working OS for CPLD. Or you need to develop custom configuration solution, like use a micro or cpu to play the jed file (of course you need to have a CPU on the board). If you are interested in this, check Xapp058.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

This version only works with Spartan-6 devices. 

.jed is config file for a CPLD, did you add this because you have a CPLD in the JTAG chain? If this is the case, use a bsdl file instead. Otherwise, say, you want to program a CPLD, this is not supported in this ISE.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Visitor
Visitor

Jump to solution

Hi

Im not that strong i shorts. I have a .jed file I have to programe to an old Xilinx curcuit, on a drive and control assy. I only have the .jed file nothing else, it worked on my Win7 machine but my company is changing to win10 64bit and this is when my problem started. Im only using Impact and a Platform cable usb II.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

I'm afraid no workaround for Win10. ISE is not supported. We only develop this Virtual box solution for Spartan-6 as this is the relatively 'new' device. 

You need to keep one computer with a working OS for CPLD. Or you need to develop custom configuration solution, like use a micro or cpu to play the jed file (of course you need to have a CPU on the board). If you are interested in this, check Xapp058.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Re: ERROR:iMPACT:2855 - Add Device failed

Jump to solution

Hello all,

i have the same problem. 

What is the solution?

Regards

0 Kudos