cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

ERROR:iMPACT - This function requires that a target is opened first

ERROR:iMPACT - This function requires that a target is opened first:
---> I cannot get iMPACT to detect my usb(a-b) cable. When I attempt to use the cable detection tools (cable auto-connect, advanced cable set-up etc.) built into the software I receive the above error. 

I am programming a flash on a 3UVPX card using a test stand. I have 2 identical test stands, and this Platform Cable USB II device and cable work perfectly on the other test stand. For some reason I can't make the software detect the cable on this one. 

I have searched through every bit of online methods to solve this problem. I have checked all of the resource forums on the Xilinx website. No luck...

I tried deleting all the Xilinx files and replacing them with copies from the functioning test stand. Uninstalling and reinstalling the software. No success. 

Can you please advise about this problem?

Impact Error.JPG
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted

If one is working and other is failed to detect then cable drivers and OS platform seems to be good.
Quick check for failing board:
--Have you checked the power rails?
--Is this the same board https://www.xilinx.com/products/boards-and-kits/1-2atxp9.html? Or Different one?
--You are unable to detect this board since time 0?
-- Try to reduce frequency to the lowest value and see Impact can detect this board.

-Harshit
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos