cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Erase flash failed

Using Vivado 2017.4 on a 7k160 part to program the config flash from the GUI, if I use the S25FL128SAGBHIA00 part it works fine but no stock available. Installed the Z00 part, which is similar to a 300, and I can't get past Erase step. If I change the erase mode to "Erase entire part", it hangs on Program at 1%.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

What's the device alias for this Z00 part? You should guarantee this part is listed in UG908 otherwise no matter how it be 'similar', Vivado cannot support the programming.

-Ivy
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

The generic driver is 25fl128sxxxxxx0, in my case the xxxxxx is AGBHIZ, The tricky part I found is the part is protected and each sector must be unlocked before use. I'm working on the tcl script to do so but won't hold my breathe.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

The first step of the tcl script is to load the fpga with the SPI core bridge to gain access to the flash from the JTag. I've seen a pullnone.bit when trying to program my bit file, but can't find it now. I believe it's 

spi_xc7k160t_pullnone.bit

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

The bit file was in C:\Xilinx\Vivado\2017.4\data\xicom\cfgmem\bitfile.zip\bitfile

0 Kudos