UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Scholar mrbietola
Scholar

Error HWICAP configuration

Jump to solution

Hi, i was trying to implement an HWICAP to read USR_ACCESS data.

I also modified my .xdc file to add the USR_ACCESS value like:

set_property BITSTREAM.CONFIG.USR_ACCESS 0x00000001

I instantiated the HWICAP block in the block design with default values, then i exported to SDK and tried the example from the .mss file for reading the configuration registers.

When the configure function is called, the status is XST_FAILURE.

I can't debug inside the function, i only see Assembly code (by the way how can i debug this kind of functions?

I think i did the most straighforward design, what can i try next?

In the program hardware i can read the USR_ACCESS value correctly as expected

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Scholar mrbietola
Scholar

Re: Error HWICAP configuration

Jump to solution

I found the problem.

In the default configuration the STARTUPE primitive is not instantiated inside the HWICAP, so you need to connect the EOS signal from an outside STARTUPE primitive, or tying it high

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Scholar mrbietola
Scholar

Jump to solution

I found the problem.

In the default configuration the STARTUPE primitive is not instantiated inside the HWICAP, so you need to connect the EOS signal from an outside STARTUPE primitive, or tying it high

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Visitor tom24
Visitor

Jump to solution

Hi,

Can you please tell me how can I connect EOS signal from an outside STARTUPE primitive.

Am using HwICAP in my design am unable to initialize it, it passing PTR test and self-test but failing in initialization. Do you have any idea ..?

0 Kudos