UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor arauch
Visitor

Error: [Labtools 27-3165] End of startup status: LOW

Jump to solution

Hi, 

I am trying to program an Artix-7 FPGA (XC7A50T-2LE) in Vivaado 2017.4, but receive the error [Labtools 27-3165] End of startup status: LOW.

I am able to communicate with the chip to read the configuration registers and have tried adjusting the JTAG clock speed. I've monitored the chip voltages and there is no dip in chip voltage during programming. The PUDC_B pin is set so all unconnected IOs are pulled high. During programming the INIT_B line pulses low, but PROGRAM_B does not.  

Attached is a screenshot of the configuration status registers. 

Any help in fixing is appreciated, 

Andrew

config_bits.PNG
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Visitor arauch
Visitor

Re: Error: [Labtools 27-3165] End of startup status: LOW

Jump to solution

I was able to successfully configure the FPGA once I had programmed the PIC also on the board. The unprogrammed PIC must have been pulling the DONE bit low, preventing successful configuration. 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @arauch

What is minimum frequency you tried to configure FPGA with Vivado? (Try with 3Mhz)

What do you mean by "During programming the INIT_B line pulses low, but PROGRAM_B does not" ? Check your program_b circuit.

Is it custom board or Xilinx Board?

As your mode pins are set to M[2:0] = 101 it's JTAG only mode. You can configure FPGA through JTAG only in this mode.

If you are trying to configure using flash then you need to change mode pins. Check UG470 (v1.13.1) for more details.

Regards,

Bhushan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regards,
Bhushan

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
0 Kudos
Visitor arauch
Visitor

Jump to solution

I have tried all the speed options including 3 MHz and going down to 750 kHz. 

This is a custom board that I am trying to configure via JTAG. Do I need to pulse PROGRAM_B low externally in this mode? That line is pulled high through a 4.64K resistor, but I thought the FPGA would pulse it low like the INIT_B line during JTAG configuration. 

0 Kudos
Visitor arauch
Visitor

Jump to solution

I was able to successfully configure the FPGA once I had programmed the PIC also on the board. The unprogrammed PIC must have been pulling the DONE bit low, preventing successful configuration. 

0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Jump to solution
0 Kudos