Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arslanmalik93
Observer
Observer

FPGA Flash Programming Fails

Jump to solution

Hello,

I am using Artix-7 FPGA in my design. The reference design i used to create my PCB is Nexys Video. The flash i use  When i program flash of FPGA i am getting program failed error. The errors that is displayed on the console are:

1.Releasedone  bit is not set to 1 

Status register reads :00110001100100000000000000001110

Core is not loaded.

impact error:-Invalid Bus handle: 2004469292

2.Read IDCODE failed. ID Code is FFFFFF.

3.Error writing from XSDB port.

4.Error reading from XSDB port.

Tags (3)
IMG_20190125_093954.jpg
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
iguo
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Seems iMPACT cannot access the device correctly.

How many devices are there in the JTAG chain? Any third-party's? If possible, bypass the other ones and leave only A7 there and have a try.

If A7 is the only device, you can try to program a simple design image (like lit a LED on the board only) into flash and see what happens.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
iguo
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Seems iMPACT cannot access the device correctly.

How many devices are there in the JTAG chain? Any third-party's? If possible, bypass the other ones and leave only A7 there and have a try.

If A7 is the only device, you can try to program a simple design image (like lit a LED on the board only) into flash and see what happens.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
arslanmalik93
Observer
Observer

There is only one file in the JTAG chain. When i burn temporary file .bit onto FPGA SRAM my code works fine. But MCS file fails to load. I replaced the flash memory with a new one but still no luck.

My Code recives a byte on RS232 port and blinks the led thats it.

0 Kudos