UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPGA programming issue

Dear Sir,

We are not able to program (FPGA and Flash programming ) the fpga when microcontroller is mounted in our card. The Micro controller signals which are connected with FPGA device are MBD  0-7 data line,MCA1 to MCA15 address lines. The other micrcontroller signals which are connected to FPGA device are MC_RD# ( Micro controller read signals  and MC_WR# ( Micro controller write signal). The FPGA device we are using in our project is XC3S200AN-4FTG256I. The error dispaly in impact tool is done pin not go high. 

Regards,

Arun P

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Re: FPGA programming issue

I observed in the schematic VS[2:0] pins are not set and are unused.

These pins must be either 101 or 111 during configuration, if not it will fail

check table 10-2 in ug332

http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/user_guides/ug332.pdf

also check page 9 from the following link for Variant select pins details

http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/application_notes/xapp951.pdf

0 Kudos
Instructor
Instructor

Is R70 really 4.7K?  It should be 330 Ohms.

Also INIT_B is pulled up through an LED.  It should probably be pulled up directly.  INIT_B must be high for configuration to proceed.

I'm not sure why installing the MCU should cause configuration to stop working.  It could be a coincidence, or possibly it has affected the state of the undriven VS signals.  Can you configure the device directly (not by loading the flash) via JTAG?

-- Gabor
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

I try to program .bit file directly to fpga. But still it is not getting program. Actually the jtag program process window will stop working and after 5minute, it will through an error that the programing is done, but done pin doesnt go high. When i remove the microcontroller then im able to program the fpga.

Regards,

Arun P

0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

If the vs will play a very important role then, why when i remove the micrcontoller im able to program the fpga. In other card, im using only fpga and the device  which im using in that card is XC3S700AN-4FGG484I. The schematic for the other card is also similar to this. Because in that card im not using any microcontoller, im not facing any problem. During the time of fpga programming one of my level translator direction is reverese that is A to B for U162 reference, the fpga will get some data on line

MBD0 tp MBD7. Kindly clarify

arun

0 Kudos