Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Full bit-stream does not get configured through PCAP

Hello,

I am trying to configure the PL section of Zynq (on Zedboard) through PCAP. Everything works fine till the DMA and PCAP transfer interrupt bits are set to 1 in the interrupt status register. However, the PL done pin does not go high (bit no. 2 of the interrupt status register). As a result, the SDK code gets stuck waiting for the bit to go high.

Please guide me on what could possibly be wrong here. How can the Done Pin be made to go high?

Is there a fixed size that the bit-stream of a specific FPGA would have? May be if that is incorrect, the transfer gets complete, but not the FPGA configuration.

Thanks, 

Dimple

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Hello,

Can the FPGA only be programmed with a .bin file through the PCAP? 

I am trying to send .bin files through PCAP. Strangely, 1-2 .bin files get successfully configured, however, the others don't. When I program the corresponding .bit files (of the ones that did not configure through PCAP) through JTAG, the FPGA configuration is successful. 

What could go wrong that certain .bin files don't configure successfully? Does it need a specific fixed size of bitstream? I cannot get why some files configure and some don't. 

Also, for partial reconfiguration, is it necessary to first configure the FPGA with the full bit-stream using modes other than PCAP; like JTAG or SD card etc.? Or is ok to configure the full bit-stream through PCAP itself?

Please help me with the above issues. 

Thanks,

Dimple

0 Kudos