cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mitchell
Visitor
Visitor

Genesys 2 doesn't show up in Vivado 2020.1

I have a new Genesys 2 board from Diligent that I want to program with petalinux. The problem is that I can't get it to show up as a target in petalinux or in Vivado. I am using Vivado/petalinux 2020.1 on Ubuntu 18.04.4 LTS. I have installed the genesys 2 board configuration and can see it as a possible board for a new project. I have installed the linux cable drivers. I also tried to connect to it from my windows 10 installation with Vivado 2019.1 but when I connect the usb jtag port to my computer, windows constantly tells me that a usb device has connected or been removed (every 2-4 seconds). I also rebooted my computer once with the board turned on and connected by the jtag port and my computer froze on the motherboard splash screen until I pressed delete to go in the BIOS and then the screen went blank until I restarted with the Genesys 2 turned off.

I'm completely at a loss as to what could be going on here and starting to worry that the Genesys 2 was shipped with a broken jtag programmer. I know the whole board wasn't dead on arrival because I can boot up the demo from its internal memory and it outputs to VGA, connects to ethernet, outputs over UART, etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Mitchell

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Mitchell
Visitor
Visitor

Apparently the USB cable that came in the box doesn't work. I swapped it out and now I'm having no troubles. The strange thing is that I tested that USB cable and it was able to charge my phone, so it isn't completely broken.