Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

HW ICAPE BOOTSTS on Artix 7

Dear all,

I am using a Axi HWICAP and a self-made FSM to have a multiboot on my board with an Artix 7. I send via Axi all commands (Dummy, Sybc, NOOP, WBSTAR etc...etc..) and it works: as soon as I switch on my board the Boot Golden Image in my flash is charged and then there is the Multiboot process and the Multiboot Image is charged.

I would like to test when it fails, which means to have not the Multiboot Image in my flash but only the Golden Image. In principle, it should start with the Golden Image, then it should try to jump in the (missing) MultiBoot Image, go back to the Golden and stop there. As far as I understood, I have to check the BOOTSTS register to see if there was a fallback and avoid to start an infinite loop (Golden -> jump to multiboot ->  multiboot missing -> go back to Golden -> jump again in the multiboot -> multiboot missing....). But it is not fully cleat how to do that.

What is the correct sequence of  IPROG command to send to read the BOOTSTS register?

I wuold like to check that register to see if a fallback occurred to avoid to jump again in a missing Multiboot Image.

Thanks for your Help.

Cheers.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

You mean ICAP command to read back the BOOTSTS regiser? UG470 has the address for it. You follow the process as in Table 6-1, use the BOOTSTS address instead and you can readback the BOOTSTS content.

Before jump, make sure you properly set the watchdog timer value.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos