Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Hardware target not detected Vivado 2017.2

Hello Dear Sir/Madam,

I am trying to connect to the Trez-electronic Board which has Artix-7 series FPGA with JTAG access.

I am using:

- Xilinx Vivado 2017.2 version

- Windows 10 OS

- Xilinx Platform cable USB II

When i click Hardware manager-> Open target, the localhost(0) is detected but not the FPGA device.

Any tips and suggestions to resolve this issue would be very helpful to me..

Best regards

Sathish

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Highlighted

@sathishsn Is the status LED of your Platform USB Cable Green when connected to the powered board?

- Giri
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There's no such thing as a stupid question. Feel free to ask but do a quick search to make sure it ain't already answered.
Keep conversing, give Kudos and Accept Solution when you get one.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Hello,

Yes, i see the orange LED is ON. Also when i insert the USB cable to my laptop: "Xilinx USB Cable" is detected under "Programming Cables" in the Device manager

Please guide me further,

Thanks and Best regards

Sathish

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Excuse me, I now see the Green LED is ON when i open Vivado

-Sathish

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Attached is the snapshot of the Vivado Hardware manager with Tcl console

-Sathish

Capture.JPG
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Hi sathisn,

On board do you have standard connector or 6-Pn header. You are connecting Xilinx emulator to board using flying cable or ribbon cable. It it is flying cable, please verify you connection details asper the flying cable standard(Pin connectivity). Please check the vref of the JTAG connector. Verify all power supplies on the board. Then start detecting the FPGA.

Best Regards,
-- Ashok
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello @sathishsn,

Please update your Jungo Drivers for help.

Please follow below link:

https://www.jungo.com/st/products/windriver/

Hope this Helps:

Thank you.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Hello.

I used older Xilinx Vivado version 2014.4 with Windows 7 and it is working now without any issues. The FPGA target is detected and am able to download the .bit file.

Best regards

Sathish

Highlighted

I encounter a similar problem and solved it by simply installing the cable drive, which is located at:
installation_directory_vivado/data/xicom/cable_drivers/your_version/install_script/install_drivers/

the file name is install_drivers, run it in the terminal then you are good to go.