Did you mean: 
hongyanhou
Visitor
Visitor

How to add a new flash family of vivado 2018.3

Jump to solution

Dear

FPGA:  Kintex7 xc7k325t  ,  FLASH: spansion s29ws256

vivado 2018.3 can not find this flash when programing,  is there a solution to this problem?

Thanks~

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
wduffy
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @hongyanhou,

For a full list of supported memory devices for configuration in our latest version of Vivado, please see UG908, Appendix E and the Table for the corresponding Xilinx device that you are using:

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2020_2/ug908-vivado-programming-debugging.pdf

If the device is not on the list, there is no option to program the device in Vivado. It would not have been tested or verified to work with our FPGA's or software. 

Is there a particular reason you chose an unsupported flash device for programming?

Thanks,
Wendy
Xilinx Technical Support
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
antti-lukats
Observer
Observer

no.

0 Kudos
wduffy
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @hongyanhou,

For a full list of supported memory devices for configuration in our latest version of Vivado, please see UG908, Appendix E and the Table for the corresponding Xilinx device that you are using:

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2020_2/ug908-vivado-programming-debugging.pdf

If the device is not on the list, there is no option to program the device in Vivado. It would not have been tested or verified to work with our FPGA's or software. 

Is there a particular reason you chose an unsupported flash device for programming?

Thanks,
Wendy
Xilinx Technical Support
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
hongyanhou
Visitor
Visitor

Hi

Thank you for your answer,our pcb used this unsupported flash and do not to change it.

Can I write a flash protocol using FPGA,and write the bin file to flash?

I want to know if there is a other checks between FPGA and flash when the flash restart to configure FPGA.

Thank you and good luck

0 Kudos
hongyanhou
Visitor
Visitor

Hi

Thank you for your answer,our pcb used this unsupported flash and do not to change it.

Can I write a flash protocol using FPGA,and write the bin file to flash?

I want to know if there is a other checks between FPGA and flash when the flash restart to configure FPGA.

Thank you and good luck

0 Kudos