UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Participant lanxiang.ben
Participant

How to constraint BPI flash pin of FPGA when controlling BPI flash by user logic?

Hi All

Refer to 《ug470_7Series_Config.pdf》,I know that "After configuration is DONE,these pins become user I/Os and can be controlled by user logic to access BPI flash for user data storage and programming."(Page 127).Now, I want to do it, The flash is used for configure FPGA (MCS file) original. After Synthesis and Implementation, There are some errors during Write Bitstream as ancessory, So I want to know:

(1) Can I constraint my user logic port to these FPGA pins?Refer to ug470,I think it should be. But I still want to confirm it.

(2) How to constraint this pins?

Circuit diagram and .xdc file were shown as follow.

BR

lanxiang

circuit_diagram.PNG
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Re: How to constraint BPI flash pin of FPGA when controlling BPI flash by user logic?

the flash interface multipurpose pins can be used as normal i/o's, since you want to read and write after configuration you will need to declare this pins in the xdc file with the required i/ostandard of the flash.

--Krishna

0 Kudos