Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

How to delete a Design internally

Jump to solution

Hi All,

I'm designing a secure system with verilog. Can I delete My design files (bitstream files from FPGA board) internally with verilog? If possible how it could be done? Any information is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi vmerter,

Are the bit files on a Flash PROM (such as SPI or BPI) or only on the FPGA?

When you power down an FPGA, it loses its configuration. If you want to erase a Flash PROM, that can be done, too.

Thanks,
Andres

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted

hi @vmerter,

I believe and assume you wanted to deleted or format  the bitstream(.bit file ) through the Verilog code  which is inside the FPGA once it is configured unfortunately  this is cannot be done.

if I have answered your query , please close this forum by accepting the solution. if not please let me know your inputs

Chandra  

Regards
Chandra sekhar
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if solution provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi vmerter,

Are the bit files on a Flash PROM (such as SPI or BPI) or only on the FPGA?

When you power down an FPGA, it loses its configuration. If you want to erase a Flash PROM, that can be done, too.

Thanks,
Andres

View solution in original post