cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

How to use DNA Identifier with DNA_FUSE/DNA_PORTE2 in the PL-Based Design on the Xilinx UltraScale Device

Hi,

I would like to ask a question this community.

I would like to create a PL design which has a PL-Based DNA Identifier ,so it works on the unique device only.

How can I do it? Are there any tutorials about it? Or, you can tell me how to do?

Best regards,

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted

Re: How to use DNA Identifier with DNA_FUSE/DNA_PORTE2 in the PL-Based Design on the Xilinx UltraScale Device

UG 570, the Ultrascale Configuration User Guide discusses the DNA_PORTE2 which can be used to read the device DNA by the FPGA fabric.  I guess you would need toread the DNA over JTAG, then write your FPGA code to check for this DNA number before doing any processing.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: How to use DNA Identifier with DNA_FUSE/DNA_PORTE2 in the PL-Based Design on the Xilinx UltraScale Device

I would like to use UltraScale and UltraScale+ FPGAs' internal MASTER_JTAG port to program eFUSEs ,but I need some tutorials or reference design or someone's advice step by step about it.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @suicideengineer,

Have you reviewed XAPP1283?

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/application_notes/xapp1283-internalprogramming-bbram-efuses.pdf

This uses the MASTER_JTAG primitive that allows internal programing of BBRAM and eFUSEs.

Thanks,
Wendy
Xilinx Technical Support
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos