UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

IPROG command in Slave SelectMAP mode

Jump to solution

Hello, I have an Artix-7 design where the M[2:0] pins have the value "110" (slave SelectMAP mode). A master processor is responsible for configuring the FPGA. In a certain shutdown scenario, I would like the FPGA to clear its own configuration, just as if the master processor had pulsed PROGRAM_B low. My reason for doing this is to return all of the FPGA I/O to the state of high-impedance with internal pull-up resistors (PUDC is tied low) until my system reboots and the master processor can reconfigure the FPGA.

I would like to confirm whether I can use the IPROG command, via the ICAPE2 primitive, to cause the FPGA to clear its own configuration, even though it is in slave SelectMAP mode (I understand that IPROG is typically used in master modes). For example, I need to be sure that the FPGA does not drive the CCLK after the IPROG command, because the master processor is always driving that line.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Best regards,

Dave

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: IPROG command in Slave SelectMAP mode

Jump to solution

Hi @dsammel

Yes. Since you are in slave mode, FPGA will wait for the config data to be fed in.

4 Replies

Jump to solution

dsammel,

I would like to confirm whether I can use the IPROG command, via the ICAPE2 primitive, to cause the FPGA to clear its own configuration, even though it is in slave SelectMAP mode (I understand that IPROG is typically used in master modes). For example, I need to be sure that the FPGA does not drive the CCLK after the IPROG command, because the master processor is always driving that line.

Yes, you should be able to issue an IPROG via the ICAP. There is a whole "IPROG Using ICAP2" under the "IPROG Reconfiguration" section in UG470 page 145. One thing to note is it will just reconfigure itself to the same image it just cleared since you can't do WBSTAR writes in SMAP. Check RS pins for SMAP. There should be no issues with CCLK as long as the mode pins are set to S-SMAP mode.

Related Xilinx Documentation:

UG470

XAPP583

Regards,

T

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

Hello @tenzinc, Thank you for your reply. I have tried issuing the IPROG command on my device and it is causing the DONE pin to be deasserted, so this seems to indicate that the FPGA configuration has been cleared, which is what I was hoping for.

My follow-up question is concerning this:

"One thing to note is it will just reconfigure itself to the same image it just cleared since you can't do WBSTAR writes in SMAP."

It won't be able to reconfigure itself at all unless the master processor sends the image again, correct?

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @dsammel

Yes. Since you are in slave mode, FPGA will wait for the config data to be fed in.

Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution
Excellent, thank you very much! Have a great day. -- Dave
0 Kudos