cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

JTAG switching

I'm designing a system which has many modules each with a Spartan 6 FPGA and all JTAG interfaces come to a central board which also has other JTAG programmable devices. A big JTAG chain around all isn't really practical (for example one module may not be fitted and cable lengths etc are long) so I'm considering using a JTAG switch type device such as a SCANSTA112 to select the appropriate chain and program the device or devices on that chain. There will only be one JTAG port on the outside of the unit and this needs to be able to update any of the devices. The company has a typical Xilinx Platform Cable USB II  programmer. My question is: is there some scripting method or configuration within iMPACT to be able to tell a device such as the SCANSTA112 which chain to select such that the programmer can then program the correct Xilinx device configuration memory?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted

you can try to create batch file to include the fpga's you want to program in the chain.

following link has the examples to create batch files

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx14_7/pim_r_examples.htm

I am not sure this will help since impact will not decide in selecting different jtag chain with one programming cable connected

0 Kudos