Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Kintex 7 BPI configuration memory going EOL

Jump to solution

Hello we have a design using the micron memory MT28GU01GAAA1EGC-0SIT (1.7-2V VCC and VIO) Legacy Part number decoder PC28F00AP30TF.

The memory was listed as a xilinx compatible memory in:  

"xapp587 bpi fast Configuration and Impact"

"ug908 vivado-programming-debugging" has a section on Configuration Memory Support and lists parts from Micron and Spansion.

Micron has announced they will be EOL so we are looking for replacements. Some of the other memories recommended from Micron are also going to be EOL or have a VCC higher from 2.6 to 3.3V.

Spansion Memories have also a VCC 2.6 to 3.3 V. We are looking to make the less changes possibles to our design.

Is xilinx going to suggest new parts from other manufacturers? I have been looking on Internet but I thought someone has already started working on this or had similar issues.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Also I suggest you to contact Micron teams on Micron part EOL replacement.

Please mark this post as an "Accept as solution" in case if it helped to resolve your query. So that it will help to other forum users to directly refer to the answer.

Give kudos to this post in case if you think the information is useful and reply oriented.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted

Hi @jnievesr ,

currently  there  are no updates on the suggesting new parts from other manufacturers .Unfortunately there is  no plan of updating the  List and Xilinx is  aware of  Micron recent phase out 

since you're using kintex 7 i  assume you're using vivado tool . from the ug908(latest version 2017.2) we can see the Table C-2: Supported Flash Memory Devices for Kintex-7 Device Configuration from the page number 321 , there is alias part which we can use mt28gu01gaax1e[28f 00ag18f-bpi-x16].

Regards
Chandra sekhar
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if solution provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
newpart.PNG
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Also I suggest you to contact Micron teams on Micron part EOL replacement.

Please mark this post as an "Accept as solution" in case if it helped to resolve your query. So that it will help to other forum users to directly refer to the answer.

Give kudos to this post in case if you think the information is useful and reply oriented.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos