Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Load code from ISE 14.7 to 6125 FPGA with PCIE connection

Hello everyone, 

I am learning about FPGA, and I would like to know how can I link my 6125 Superport FPGA based PCIE Anything I/O Card, Spartan 6 (XC6SLX9-PG144 I think) in order to load the code from this website: http://www.deathbylogic.com/2013/07/vhdl-standard-fifo/

The main idea is to make a FIFO but I would like to know how the pin assignment is done ? I have a UCF file but I don't know how can I change the value of one LED in the testbench to make it blinking or at least to light it on.

Since the card doesn't use a USB cable but a PCIE connection, is ISE Design Suite 14.7 (WebPACK edition) a good soft to load my code into the FPGA with iMPACT ?

Can you give me some advices or answers to my problem please?

Thanks in advance for replying.

Mervin

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted

you need to select the IO pin in the board which has led connected and connect the desired fifo signal in your ucf

And regarding the programming you cannot use pcie interface to configure the fpga through impact.

spartan-6 configuration guide will help you in understanding the configuration details

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/user_guides/ug380.pdf

check the user guide /getting started guide of your board which will be a starting point to use the board

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Thanks for your reply kkn,

The LEDS pins are "LEDS<0>" LOC = "P74" and "LEDS<1>" LOC = "P75" but how do I, in the code, write to put these two equal "1" ?
Or can you tell me in VHDL how to assign value to an output, like for the "AD vector", can you tell me what to write to make its value equal "1" like AD(0) <= '0'. How should I write a testbench? When I load to code with the bitfile created, will it automatically put the AD(0) = 1, and how can I see it ?

Thanks in advance.

Mervin

0 Kudos
Highlighted

0 Kudos