UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor ydelican123
Visitor

MX25L6433F not listed in Impact 14.7

Jump to solution

I'm currently working with the Flash memory  MX25L6433F  which is the memory family of Macronix. We are using Impact 14.7 and Spartan 6 as our FPGA. But I am not able to select the appropriate memory because it is not listed in the SPI PROM list at the Impact 14.7.

What should I do? How can I program this memory using the Impact 14.7? Is it possible to add MX25L6433F to the SPI PROM list?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: MX25L6433F not listed in Impact 14.7

Jump to solution

Hi @ydelican123 ,

You can use supported Flashes listed in this Link : https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx14_7/pim_r_supported_spi_bpi_proms.htm  for Spartan 6 FPGA using ISE 14.7.

If you are not using supported Flash listed in the above link then you can follow the below workaround to program your unsupported Flash:

You can use your MX25L6433F Flash by using Skip ID Code check. For that you need to ensure that Command set of MX25L6433F Flash matches with Command set of other supported flashes(any one atleast should be matched) listed in the link above.

You can perform Skip id, by setting XIL_IMPACT_SKIPIDCODECHECK=1 which instructs the iMPACT tool to bypass the ID check, allowing the programming operation to proceed.

skip.PNG

Note : The XIL_IMPACT_SKIPIDCODECHECK=1 environment variable for use with iMPACT, is not an officially supported environment variable. Using flash devices that are not on our supported list, will not have been evaluated and tested with our FPGAs. Therefore, using such devices would be at the users own risk.  

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak D N

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Please Kudo and Accept as a Solution if it helps.

Regards,
Deepak D N
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please Kudo and Accept as a Solution, If it helps.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @ydelican123 ,

You can use supported Flashes listed in this Link : https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx14_7/pim_r_supported_spi_bpi_proms.htm  for Spartan 6 FPGA using ISE 14.7.

If you are not using supported Flash listed in the above link then you can follow the below workaround to program your unsupported Flash:

You can use your MX25L6433F Flash by using Skip ID Code check. For that you need to ensure that Command set of MX25L6433F Flash matches with Command set of other supported flashes(any one atleast should be matched) listed in the link above.

You can perform Skip id, by setting XIL_IMPACT_SKIPIDCODECHECK=1 which instructs the iMPACT tool to bypass the ID check, allowing the programming operation to proceed.

skip.PNG

Note : The XIL_IMPACT_SKIPIDCODECHECK=1 environment variable for use with iMPACT, is not an officially supported environment variable. Using flash devices that are not on our supported list, will not have been evaluated and tested with our FPGAs. Therefore, using such devices would be at the users own risk.  

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak D N

Please Kudo and Accept as a Solution if it helps.

Regards,
Deepak D N
Please Kudo and Accept as a Solution, If it helps.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Visitor ydelican123
Visitor

Jump to solution

I have done the changes about the environmet variables. Now I can erase the flash but still can not program it. 

When I try to program the MX25L6433F: after verification completed, it gives this error:

"Programming in x1 mode. INFO:iMPACT - '1': Configuration sync word is not found during initial data load. Please refer to FPGA configuration guide for more information.
 '1': Configuration data download to FPGA was not succesful. DONE did not go high, please check your configuration setup. INFO:iMPACT - '1': Flash was not programmed successfully."

What should I do to solve this problem? I was using the Micron M25P64 Flash before at the same project. 

0 Kudos