UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor armic
Visitor

Master SPI Config : Different voltage level

Jump to solution

I'm currently designing a system using an Artix XC7A200T-1156 and I'm forced to relocate DDR3 on banks 13,14 and 15. Because of this I have to drop the VCCO banks to 1.5V which are incompatible with the voltage levels described on XAPP586 (either 1.8V or 2.5/3.3V) for master SPI configuration.

Is it possible to use voltage translators to interface the SPI flash (as described in XAPP520) ? Would it cause problems if VCCO_14 is different from the voltage set by the CFGBVS pin? 

There are already some posts on this issue but all are inconclusive. I would really appreciate if some insight is be given on this problem (or if someone already tried the voltage translator solution).

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Master SPI Config : Different voltage level

Jump to solution

1) Banks 0 and 14 both at 1.5V will work just fine (CFGVBS = 0).

3) If you use only JTAG to configure the part (MCU or otherwise) then only bank0 is required for configuration.  The Vcco bank voltage for 14+15 can be any.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

> Would it cause problems if VCCO_14 is different from the voltage set by the CFGBVS pin?

Yes, this will be a problem.  If you are using configuration pins in banks 14 & 15 they need to be using the same VCCO as bank 0.

------Have you tried typing your question into Google? If not you should before posting.
Too many results? Try adding site:www.xilinx.com
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

1) Banks 0 and 14 both at 1.5V will work just fine (CFGVBS = 0).

3) If you use only JTAG to configure the part (MCU or otherwise) then only bank0 is required for configuration.  The Vcco bank voltage for 14+15 can be any.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Visitor armic
Visitor

Jump to solution

Thanks for your prompt help :)

0 Kudos