cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Multiboot Kintex-7

Hi,

I am planning to use Kintex-7 FPGA which will be connected to Parallel NOR flash in Master BPI mode for its configuration.

I want to know the possibility to keep more than 4 configuration files in the flash and configuration of FPGA from these files on selection basis.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted

Hey,

Refer to XAPP1246 which has MultiBoot using Revision Select (RS[1:0]) pins section on page#17.
https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/application_notes/xapp1246-multiboot-bpi.pdf

Thanks
harshit
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi Harshit,

1.  Thank you for your reply, As i understood using RS0:1 lines we can select one file among 4 configuration files. I have requirement to store more than 4 configuration files, may be 5 or 6.

I want to know the feasibility for doing same.

2. Can SD card be used for configuration of Kintex-7 FPGA?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi @yogendrasingh

Please consider the Slave SelectMAP configuration interface that is shown by the figure below, which is from Xilinx document UG470.

SelectMAP.jpg

Note that a microprocessor (eg. see www.microchip.com) is placed between the flash part and the FPGA.  A simple 3-bit dip-switch can be connected to the microprocessor that indicates which of 8 configuration files are to be used. At power-up, the microprocessor reads the dip-switch setting, reads the dip-switch-specified configuration file from the flash part, and sends the configuration file to the FPGA. The FPGA acts as a slave device, simply waiting for the microprocessor to pass it a configuration file. 

-of course, you will have to write some simple code that tells the microprocessor what to do.

Cheers,

Mark

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi,

We want to use only FPGA  to configure itself.

0 Kudos