UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiboot Kintex-7

Hi,

I am planning to use Kintex-7 FPGA which will be connected to Parallel NOR flash in Master BPI mode for its configuration.

I want to know the possibility to keep more than 4 configuration files in the flash and configuration of FPGA from these files on selection basis.

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Re: Multiboot Kintex-7

Hey,

Refer to XAPP1246 which has MultiBoot using Revision Select (RS[1:0]) pins section on page#17.
https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/application_notes/xapp1246-multiboot-bpi.pdf

Thanks
harshit
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos

Hi Harshit,

1.  Thank you for your reply, As i understood using RS0:1 lines we can select one file among 4 configuration files. I have requirement to store more than 4 configuration files, may be 5 or 6.

I want to know the feasibility for doing same.

2. Can SD card be used for configuration of Kintex-7 FPGA?

0 Kudos

Hi @yogendrasingh

Please consider the Slave SelectMAP configuration interface that is shown by the figure below, which is from Xilinx document UG470.

SelectMAP.jpg

Note that a microprocessor (eg. see www.microchip.com) is placed between the flash part and the FPGA.  A simple 3-bit dip-switch can be connected to the microprocessor that indicates which of 8 configuration files are to be used. At power-up, the microprocessor reads the dip-switch setting, reads the dip-switch-specified configuration file from the flash part, and sends the configuration file to the FPGA. The FPGA acts as a slave device, simply waiting for the microprocessor to pass it a configuration file. 

-of course, you will have to write some simple code that tells the microprocessor what to do.

Cheers,

Mark

0 Kudos

Hi,

We want to use only FPGA  to configure itself.

0 Kudos