10-21-2019 03:07 AM
I'm doing a audio signal project with pynq-z2, where I use an 3.5mm headphone jack to hear my output. But it only outputs noises, which sound like step functions every few seconds. The same happens to my LED when I do a simple PWM output. The LED is supposed to maintain a stable brightness but it turns max brightness and instantly back to normal (or sometimes off and on) every few seconds... Even the orange LED of the Ethernet port... Also these things happen at the same time. I believe it's not my design error. What's the problem? I'd appreciate it if some experts could help me with this!
10-21-2019 03:32 AM
10-21-2019 05:09 AM
1. This system has not worked properly before. I've tried others' board(same model) and they have the same issue.
2. This board is from TUL.
3. The issue seems to happen without external interference.
And the issue happens like every 2.5 secs.
10-21-2019 05:47 AM
10-21-2019 06:08 AM
so you have:
"an audio signal project" - do you agree this says nothing?
"a noisy output" - do you agree that "noise" is subjective? What did you expect? Better than hearing, can you use an scope?
"the same happens to your LED" - If you send a PWM to an LED and brightness changes, that means you are, on purpose or not, changing the duty cycle (or the frequency with the same duty cycle)
If the ethernet LED does the same thing, synchronously with your sound and other LEDS, I'd suspect:
- some electrical fault (hopefully not)
- a problem with interrupts or watchdog that freezes normal execution
- some regular reset (that might be for an electrical fault as well). and by "electrical fault" I'm thinking of anything that causes the board malfunction, so actually a bit of a recursive definition