UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor gerardol
Visitor

Platform Cable USB II LED not turning on

Jump to solution

Hi,

I'm currently trying to use the Platform Cable USB II with Linux Mint 19 and Vivado v2018.1 64-bit.

I have tried two different Platform Cable USB II's with two different USB cables, and the LED does not turn on (neither red, amber or green) for any combination.

I have read the datasheet here (http://www.applelogic.org/files/DS593.pdf), in which Table 4, Page 9 states that the LED should turn on when the device is connected to a host PC. It should either be amber when the target device is off/disconnected, and green when the target is connected. The only time the LED should be off is when it's disconnected from the host PC, correct?

I have probed pins 1 and 4 of the USB B cable from the PC with a DMM and I do see 5v, i.e. power is being applied to the device. In this case, shouldn't the LED turn amber?

Furthermore, the lsusb terminal command shows the following device:

Bus 001 Device 022: ID 03fd:0013 Xilinx, Inc.

So then I thought maybe it's just the LED that's damaged (on both devices [unlikely]). However, when I try to "open target" in the Vivado hardware manager, I get the following error:

[Labtoolstcl 44-494] There is no active target available for server at localhost.
Targets(s) ", jsn1jsn2jsn3jsn4jsn5jsn6jsn7jsn8jsn9jsn10jsn11jsn12jsn13jsn14jsn15jsn16jsn17" may be locked by another hw_server.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what the issue might be? Even if this were a driver issue, shouldn't the LED still turn on if it's receiving power?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Visitor gerardol
Visitor

Re: Platform Cable USB II LED not turning on

Jump to solution
I found the issue. As mentioned on P19 here: https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2016_4/ug973-vivado-release-notes-install-license.pdf

You need to install the cable drivers:
Script Location: <Vivado Install
Dir>/data/xicom/cable_drivers/lin64/install_script/install_drivers/
Script Name: install_drivers

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Visitor gerardol
Visitor

Re: Platform Cable USB II LED not turning on

Jump to solution
I found the issue. As mentioned on P19 here: https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2016_4/ug973-vivado-release-notes-install-license.pdf

You need to install the cable drivers:
Script Location: <Vivado Install
Dir>/data/xicom/cable_drivers/lin64/install_script/install_drivers/
Script Name: install_drivers

View solution in original post

0 Kudos