UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Newbie saeedgh96

Problem with Install the usb driver and Assigning a Static IP Address for smartlynq

Note: I use vivado 2017.4 in windows 7 and  according to the description of (AR# 69951) I upgraded the firmware of smartlynq  to 2017.4.

Problem 1:

When I connect with usb in first time, Windows automatically installs the device driver. When complete, a message appears: Smart JTAG Cable installed. Then an IP address appears on the display(10.0.0.2). according to the description of  UG1258 page 10  when I Open the Hardware Manager ,and  I choose the Remote server and specify the IP address shown on the SmartLynq Data Cable display. but  I could not connect  to the target board.( A message appears that the usb cable is not connected)

Problem 2:

I'm giving the smartlynq  a dynamic ip using a server computer(Connect through Ethernet). Then connect the smartlynq to a computer with Windows 7 and use the vivado 2017.4 to connect to the target board according to the description of  UG1258 page 7(There is no problem so far).

When I work to change the ip according to the description of  UG1258 page 19 , I encounter the following message:

[labtoolstcl 44-629] could not update smart cable. Unable to open  source file config.ini

I find the location of the project file using the tcl (set_property directory [current_project])  command and  my config.ini file is placed on the track found.

Please check my configuration file. If there is a problem guide me.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Re: Problem with Install the usb driver and Assigning a Static IP Address for smartlynq

Hello @saeedgh96,

Once device driver has been installed please unplug the cable and plug it again in the same port.

Please try with a different evaluation board as well.

Make sure that ribbon cable is connected correctly on board.

I tried with 2017.2, 20217.3 as well as 2017.4 version of VIVADO tool.

It works well.

Are you seeing this behavior since initial or it worked for some time ?

Which OS are you working on ?

Please try with a different machine.

Thank you.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos