UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor yuvrajsingh
Visitor

Programming xc6slx16 with ISE Command Prompt

Hey, so I'm an intern at this company and I'm new to using Xilinx tools and programming FPGAs. For my specific task, I'm supposed to program these boards using iMPACT. I was given an image (.msc) file to use and I'm able to program these boards using iMPACT, but I wanted to speed up the process so I tried doing the programming through the ISE Command Prompt. 

Here are the commands I used. 

impact -batch

setMode -bscan

setCable -p auto

addDevice –p 1 –spi xc6slx16 -file "C:\Users\XXXXXXXXX\Desktop\RF Board/rf_fpga_golden_and_latest_multiboot.mcs"

program -p 1 -dataWidth 1

After running the program command, I run into an error where the command prompt displays "address is not continguous".

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

回复: Programming xc6slx16 with ISE Command Prompt

addDevice –p 1 –spi xc6slx16 -file "C:\Users\XXXXXXXXX\Desktop\RF Board/rf_fpga_golden_and_latest_multiboot.mcs"

-spi should be followed by the spi part name. FPGA name should be removed. This command was to assign mcs to a FPGA.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Visitor yuvrajsingh
Visitor

Hi, so I went ahead and tried that and I ran into another error now.

>addDevice -p 1 -spi N25Q128 -file "C:\Users\XXXXX\Desktop\RF Board/rf_fpga_golden_and_latest_multiboot.mcs"
INFO:iMPACT:1111 - Can't locate bsdl file n25q128.bsd.
INFO:iMPACT:131 - N25Q128 is not supported in Boundary Scan mode
INFO:iMPACT:882 - Part 'N25Q128' could not be added because it is not supported
in this mode.
ERROR:iMPACT:894 - Failed to add PROM device N25Q128 at position 0.

Same issue when I had qoutation marks around the spi part name. 

0 Kudos
Visitor yuvrajsingh
Visitor

So I was able to fix my errors by running these commands instead, 

CD /D C:\Xilinx\14.7\LabTools %root%

call settings32.bat

impact -batch

setMode -bscan

setCable -p auto

Identify -inferir

identifyMPM

ReadIdcode -p 1

attachflash -position 1 -spi "N25Q128"

assignfiletoattachedflash -position 1 -file "C:\Users\Mastodon Factory 03\Desktop\RF Board/rf_fpga_golden_and_latest_multiboot.mcs"

Program -p 1 -dataWidth 1 -spionly -e -v -loadfpga

I wanted to create a batch file that would run these commands automatically but whenever the batch file does the impact -batch command, it doesn't continue. If I was to enter the commands manually in a CMD then it works though. Any advice?

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hello @yuvrajsingh

Create batch mode command file from the impact log which includes all the commands you have executed. 

Regards,
Bhushan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos