UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor pirovaldes
Visitor

Radiation tolerance differences between Industrial, Commercial and Military grade FPGAS.

Hi lovely people,

I m trying to buy a Commercial FPGA board with a "Commercial grade" FPGA but the available option is the "Industrial grade" FPGA version. The board is for testing for Single Event Effects on that FPGA architecture, so I was wondering if there is an expected difference radiation wise on the SEE rates to expect between Commercial and Industrial grade FPGAs.

Thanks in advance and eager to hear from you soon!

Enthusiastic Regards,

Eduardo Valdes

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

回复: Radiation tolerance differences between Industrial, Commercial and Military grade FPGAS.

Hi, 

For C and I grade, the device temperature grade does not have a directly relationship with SEU rate.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Visitor pirovaldes
Visitor

回复: Radiation tolerance differences between Industrial, Commercial and Military grade FPGAS.

Hi!

Thanks for your kind reply... two follow up questions...

1- Is there some paper or have Xilinx done some tests to confirm it?

2- What about SEL (Single Event Latchup) and TID (Total Irradiated Dose)?

Thanks in advance and eager to hear from you soon

Enthusiastic Regards,

Eduardo Valdes

0 Kudos