UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer cedricirdec
Observer

Recover a design stored in QSPI

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

I am wondering if it is possible or not to recover a design that is loaded in QSPI ? If it is, how can the design be recovered (Vivado tools ? JTAG ?) and what would be the format of the design (Bitstream ? VHDL ?).

I am asking this question because I am working on a vhdl implmenetation of AES on Artix-7 and Zynq-7, and I would have liked to know if an attacker who has the FPGA can recover the design stored in QSPI.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Historian
Historian

Re: Recover a design stored in QSPI

Jump to solution

Xilinx takes design security very seriously. There are a large number of security mechanisms available in Xilinx devices that (with increasing cost and complexity) prevent "casual" attempts to access/copy/modify your design, all the way up to some pretty serious anti-tamper capabilities that make even the most aggressive attempts at interference very very difficult (nothing is 100% secure).

This XAPP whitepaper describes some of the anti-tamper capabilities of the Virtex-6 and Virtex-7...

Avrum

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Historian
Historian

Re: Recover a design stored in QSPI

Jump to solution

Xilinx takes design security very seriously. There are a large number of security mechanisms available in Xilinx devices that (with increasing cost and complexity) prevent "casual" attempts to access/copy/modify your design, all the way up to some pretty serious anti-tamper capabilities that make even the most aggressive attempts at interference very very difficult (nothing is 100% secure).

This XAPP whitepaper describes some of the anti-tamper capabilities of the Virtex-6 and Virtex-7...

Avrum

0 Kudos