cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thamil_bala
Visitor
Visitor

Regarding remote update

Hi I want to remote update my fpga, so referred xapp1081 document. In the document page no.16 initial MCS flash memory image title, it mentioned during the initial file generation it will generate quick boot header(1), golden bit stream(2) and the second copy of golden bit stream(3) through pearl scripting. what my doubts are,

1. If the mcs file generated is whole package of these three files?

2. If I programmed this whose mcs file initially means, then we need to only write the update mcs file in place of               "second copy of golden bit stream(3)" and no need to change anything in quick boot header?

please help me to overcome this issue, thanks in advance.

Regards

thamilmani  

0 Kudos
1 Reply
hj

1. Yes.
2. Yes. The update MCS bitstream image is sent to the QuickBoot flash programmer in the remote system for programming into the update bitstream area of the flash memory only. Rest all remains the same.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For more information please refer to configuration resources https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/FPGA-Configuration/Configuration-Resources/m-p/753763/highlight/true#M5891
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos