cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jshiny
Visitor
Visitor

Reset the Artix-7 Nexys video board to factory settings

Hi, I am a student who is very new to FPGA. I have an Artix-7 Nexys video board and tried to implement edge detection. After following a tutorial, I realized that I have erased the default configuration file and uploaded the .bit file of my program to the s25fl256sxxxxxx0-spi-x1_x2_x4 spansion flash memory. Now the board doesn't display the default texts in OLED as it originally did when powered up. Instead, it just directly load my program at startup.

I wish to reset the board to the original settings. But I realized that pressing the PROG or CPU RESET buttons doesn't work.

I found a similar issue in this forum who had done it on nexys 4 DDR board for which a bin file from another board with original configuration readback from configuration memory device using hardware manager resolved the issue. Here is the link of that issue for better understanding of my problem.

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Xilinx-Evaluation-Boards/How-to-reset-the-Artix-7-Nesyx-4-DDR-board-to-factory-settings/td-p/805248

Could anyone please provide me the configuration bin file(open hardware manager->readback configuration memory device) from a nexys video board with original flash memory settings?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
bpatil
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hello @jshiny 

Typically, when you recieve new FPGA board, it comes with programmed flash and this flash (non-volatile) configures FPGA (Volatile) on power up. This Flash is programmed with test design flash file (BIN or Flash); which runs basic tests on devices of board; when board is turned ON. I believe you have erased and programmed flash on your board with your design flash file. That is a reason default test run program is not running on your board anymore.

Check board website for this test design flash file or contact board vendor and request this file.  Program flash with test design. It will run test program on power up of board.

I hope https://reference.digilentinc.com/reference/programmable-logic/nexys-4-ddr/start will help you. Please check additional resources on this webpage.

Regards,
Bhushan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos