UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Newbie ybingol

SPI FLASH SST26V064BA not listed in Impact 14.6

Hi everyone, 

I'm currently working with this Flash memory  SST26V064BA. I was going to program the Flash memory using Impact 14.6 but I was not able to select the appropriate memory because it is not listed in the software.

How can I program this memory using the software 14.6, in the FPGA spartan 6?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: SPI FLASH SST26V064BA not listed in Impact 14.6

Hi @ybingol

List of Xilinx supported flash are provided here: https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx14_6/pim_r_supported_spi_bpi_proms.htm

If SPI flash Parameter’s (IO Voltage, Command set, IO Mode, features ...etc.…) are compatible with Xilinx supported flash then Non-supported flash must be able to configure FPGA.

You can test non supported SPI PROM using skip ID Test (Note: This method is not officially supported.)

For e.g. "W25Q80DV" compatible with "W25Q80BV" seems to have the common command set. It is possible to avoid ID check by setting environment variable XIL_IMPACT_SKIPIDCODECHECK.

To get more information on SKIP IDCODE workaround please check https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Virtex-Family-FPGAs/SPI-NOR-FLASH-MT25Q-not-listed-in-Impact-14-7/m-p/800669#M26018

Regards,

Bhushan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regards,
Bhushan

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Newbie ybingol

Hi @bpatil,

I tried with SKIP IDCODE I can erase SPI flash but ı can't program it. When it comes to %50, it gives program failed. Could you suggest me further information or solutions?

Regards

YOB

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @ybingol

Check for command set and Voltage compabitibilty other SPI flash parameters are matching to Xilinx supported flash or not.

Generally datasheet includes this information, so you need to compare datasheet of your SPI flash and compatible Xilinx supported flash.

Regards,

Bhushan

Regards,
Bhushan

0 Kudos